Monday, December 28, 2009

Reflecting Again

The adage says, "You don't miss what you never had," or something along those lines. My philosophy however is slightly different. You might not miss 'it', but you might wonder what it would be like if you had 'it'. These thoughts frame my contemplation of holidays.

Having grown up with a mother who most years thought Christmas and other holidays were a bother, said, "Christmas is just another day," and who believed that other than feasting no other celebration was required, has caused me to wonder - What if?.

In later years while spending holidays with friends, I realized feasting is no fun without family and lots of friends. Thus I learned what I had been missed growing up. I wonder how much more my life would have been enriched if those memories had been created way back then.

No comments: